The Edward and Francis Beckley Scholarship Fund, Inc. was established in 2017 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation in loving memory of Mr. and Mrs. Edward Beckley. The Beckley’s were loving parents and grandparents, dedicated members of their Shelbyville, KY community, and devoted members of their Church (Clay Street Baptist).
Mr. Beckley (July 1921-September 2007) was known as a great cook, but also served as a church choir director, deacon, and worked for General Electric for over 30 years. He also won awards for his many years of community service including Shelby County KY Citizen of the Year in 1993.
Mrs. Beckley (May 1922-September 2016) was a dedicated homemaker throughout her lifetime. In addition to raising her own children and grandchildren, she helped raise many neighborhood children as no child was ever turned away from her home. She was also a devoted Church member and the Mother of the Church.
Click Here to Download the
Edward & Francis Beckley Scholarship Fund Brochure
Arthur L. Sullivan, Jr., President;
Laura A. Sullivan, Vice-President
Beckley Family Scholarship Fund (Predecessor to the Edward and Francis Beckley Scholarship Fund, Inc.)
• Established in 2005 at Clay Street,
Baptist Church, Shelbyville, KY
• Established in memory of Beckley Family members who provided dedicated service to the Church and Community
• In 2016, expanded Scholarship Fund to Centennial Baptist Church, Christianburg, KY
• In 2017, expanded the scholarship to students in Shelby County, KY, and Prince Georges County, MD
• Have awarded over 40 scholarships totaling $25,000 since 2005